Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Letter to PFLAG

Watertown Middle School
C/O Maya Farhat
68 Waverley Ave.
Watertown, MA 02472

May 20th, 2011

Greater Boston PFLAG
85 River St., Suite 3A
P.O. Box 541619
Waltham, MA 02454

To whom it may concern:

My name is Maya Farhat; I go to school at Watertown Middle School in Watertown, MA. In our eighth grade humanities class we are doing a project about trying to change a problem in this community and the topic I chose was suicides due to bullying. I’m writing to the Greater Boston PFLAG because I want to raise awareness of suicides due to bullying.

I know that your association helps with teen bullying. I think it is a very bad thing for young teens to take their life away because they are being made fun of at school. Also I believe that students should feel safe and happy at school not be afraid of going to school and feel unsafe.

I want to try to raise awareness and at least stop this problem in my community. So it would be highly appreciated if you could help with this problem.

Thank you for reading this letter, and thank you in advance for your help.

Sincerely,

Maya Farhat
Humanities Students
Watertown Middle School

No comments:

Post a Comment